NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL VERSION WITH TRANSLATION

Friday, June 13, 2008

To Dad

I always been close to my parents. True, we haven't always seen eye-to-eye on several issues, but I am my mother's son and my dad's son. What they are makes me who and what I am. I only hope to be as great a parent and role model as they have been to me.

To recognize my dad, (who we all, that is my sister's and I, call Da), I'd like to include a poem to one of two special parents - you have my undying love, my overwhelming thanks, and my unwavering gratitude.

Did I ever say thanks

Did I ever say thanks
for all the toys you mended,
games we played,
outings to the park,
and the way you
always tried to cheer
me when I was down?

Did I ever say thanks for
the sacrifices you made
so I could be involved
in so many enriching
activities?

Did I ever say thanks for
working so hard
to provide for our family?

Did I ever say thanks
for having such faith in me
and always being there
when I needed you?

Thank you for the laughter,
For the good times that we share,
Thanks for always listening,
For trying to be fair.

Thank you for your comfort,
When things are going bad,
Thank you for the shoulder,
To cry on when I'm sad.

This poem is a reminder that
All my life through,
I'll be thanking Heaven
For a Special Dad like you.

Most of all,
Did I ever say thanks for caring?

DAD, I LOVE YOU!

Walter

No comments: